Monday, June 30, 2014

Tibet: What remains of us?


One of the best documentaries on Tibet I saw (and I watched a few in my day).

Not a sentimental propaganda piece, rather a realistic portrait of people living under foreign occupation that drains their lives, culture and hope. The only aspect of this film I don't understand is why the faces of Tibetans aren't blurred as they could face persecution for saying the things they do say.

Expand your horizons, friend. Tibet today is a living tragedy, not a corny "save the whales" type hippy cause some cynics portray it as.

When confronted with a distant bleeding wound of a nation foreign to you, you don't have to become a true believer or an activist. You do have a moral responsibility to at least acknowledged it, I do believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment