Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Politics in the Twilight Zone


As a "political junkie" I am one of those people who speeds up his car to read the bumper sticker on the vehicle in front of me. I am a careful observer of political displays. I still remember the flag of Kazakhstan proudly raised above a Seattle residence but this Cincinnati home I observed while driving for work wins the prize hands down. Not only does it sport the Soviet hammer and sickle BUT this universal Marxist symbol is paired by a neighboring " don't tread on me" tea party flag. What's the message here, "Don't tread on me, I am... a communist" !?!

P.S. Also present in this Midwestern riddle is a birch tree that appears to have been planted in the yard and not present anywhere else in the neighborhood. The birch tree is one of the traditional symbols of Russia which is filled with em.

No comments:

Post a Comment