Thursday, November 28, 2013

Of Food and Pain


I was at the Chinese Buffet the other day when I realized that it was a scene reminiscent of hell.

Multitudes of people gobbling up obscene amounts of cheap meat, a baby crying in the background (as if fearing that it too will soon be chopped up and served) and to top it off there is an audiobook about the early days of Nazi Germany playing in my headphones.

My finances, being as perilous as they are, I have been going there because with the tip and the drink, I get three meals a day serves in a single sitting for ten dollars. And yet, on account of my mental health, this cannot go on.

I must return to Wendy's where I would get 4 six piece nuggets and 3 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers for the same price.

This fast-food feast unencumbered by existential pain and a crying child.

No comments:

Post a Comment